OEM specified. The original permatex blue now with low odor formula. Will, not foul oxygen sensors. Replaces almost any cut gasket. Makes reliable "Formed-in-place" gaskets that resist cracking, shrinking, and migrating. Coats pre-cut gaskets to increase reliability. Temperature range -65°F to 500°F (-54°C to 260°C) intermittent resists auto and shop fluids.
Permatex sensor-safe blue RTV silicone gasket is a single component, room temperature vulcanizing gasketing compound. This material cures on exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. The product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. The original blue gasketing product, refined and oxygen sensor safe.
- Superior adhesion and flexibility
- Sensor safe
- Replaces most cut gaskets
- Can be used as a gasket maker or dressing
- Easy application
- Non-flammable, non-toxic
Gasket maker for flexible flanges. Use as a sealant to coat any precut gasket.
Valve covers, oil pans, timing covers, water pumps, and thermostat housings.
Valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as permatex brake and parts cleaner
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size gaskets are best formed using a 1/16" to 1/4" (2 to 6mm) bead
- Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface; surround all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately. Finger tighten bolts until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn
- Silicone dries in 1 hr and fully cures in 24 hr allow more time in cold or very dry conditions
- Replace cap after use. Clean hands with a dry cloth or permatex fast orange hand cleaner. Clean tools with non-flammable cleaning fluid
- Size: 3 oz
- Temperature Range: -65°F To 500°F (-54°C To 260°C)