Slow-drying, non-hardening sealant approved for use in aviation as well as automotive applications. Temperature range -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C) resists gasoline, oil, and grease.
Permatex form-a-gasket no. 2 sealant is a black, viscous paste with a characteristic alcoholic odor. It is a slow drying, flexible setting paste that changes to a pliable, non-hardening film through solvent evaporation. It seals flanges, fittings, connections and flexible assemblies against leakage. It increases the reliability of gasket seals.
Automobile & marine
Valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets.
- Clean surfaces thoroughly
- Pierce top
- Apply a thin, even film to both mating surfaces
- Air-dry a few minutes until the film becomes "tacky"
- Assemble and tighten into position
- Wipe excess clean
- Improves reliability
- Extends gasket life
- Stops leakage
- Excellent for metal to metal assemblies
- Slow drying
- Flexible setting
- Valve cover gaskets
- oil pan gaskets
- Threaded connections
- Cover plates
- Hose connections
- The product can be removed from metal surfaces with isopropyl alcohol. If the sealant has been dried for a long time or at high temperatures, cover the sealant with alcohol and allow to soften overnight
- Clean hands with permatex brand hand cleaners
Note: To remove sealant from hands, use isopropyl alcohol or denatured alcohol.
- Size: 3 oz
- Temperature range: -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C)