OEM Specified. Permatex ultra silicones were developed to meet today's technology changes. Sensor-safe, low odor, noncorrosive. outstanding oil resistance and joint movement tolerance. Eight times more flexible than cork/composite gaskets three times more oil resistant than conventional silicones. Temperature range -65ºF to 500ºF (-54°C to 260°C) intermittent resists auto and shop fluids and vibration.
- High load resistance
- Improved oil resistance
- Sensor safe, non-corrosive
- Replaces most cut gaskets
- Can be used as a gasket maker or dressing
- Non-flammable, non-toxic
- Low odor
- Valve covers
- Transmission pans
- Oil pans
- Timing gear covers
- Differential covers
Valve covers, oil pans, automatic transmission pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings.
Cover housing gasket, differential, assembly to rear axle housing, power dividers, axle shaft flanges.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent such as permatex brake & parts cleaner
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size. Gaskets are best formed using a 1/16" to 1/4" (2 to 6mm) bead
- Apply a continuous, even bead of silicone to one surface, surrounding all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet. Finger tighten until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn
- Silicone will skin over in 1 hr and fully cure in 24 hr under normal conditions. Allow more time for cold or very dry conditions. Clean uncured silicone from hands, tools, and clothing with permatex fast orange wipes or fast orange hand cleaner
- Color: Gray
- Size: 3.5 oz
- Temperature Range -65ºF to 500ºF (-54°C To 260°C)