Thompson's WaterSeal Clear Multi-Surface Waterproofer is a convenient waterproofing spray that provides proven waterproofing protection for wood, concrete and brick. Allows your wood to gray naturally, great for small exterior projects. Use when mildew and biological factors are not a problem.
- Prevents water damage
- Beads and waterproofs
- Allows wood to gray naturally
- Use when mildew and biological factors are not a problem
- Use on: Terra cotta planters, birdhouses, mailbox posts and other small exterior surfaces
Direction for use
- Be sure that both surface and air temperature are above 40°F during application and for 48 hours after application. Do not apply product if rain is forecasted within 24 hours of application.
- Perform the splash test. Sprinkle water on various sections of surface to be sealed. If water absorbs and darkens color of surface within five seconds, surface is porous and considered ready to be treated. If water beads up or otherwise sits on top of surface, then surface does not need protection at this time.
- Certain surfaces, including some stucco and stabilized adobe may "bleed" in the presence of solvents, thereby resulting in discoloration. Test in an inconspicuous place before treating the entire surface.
- Cover plants and shrubs. Move all objects that could come in contact with overspray. Overspray of product onto glass should be removed immediately with paint thinner or mineral spirits.
- Do not use on asphalt, plastic, natural rubber or fabric, or on painted or recently stained surfaces.
- Surfaces and substrates must be free of all mildew, dust, dirt, oil, soot, grease and other contaminants.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned prior to application with a deck cleaner or concrete cleaner applied according to label directions and cautions. Always allow the surface to dry thoroughly (minimum of 2 days for wood, 3 or more days for concrete or masonry) before application.
- If surface is damp or wet from cleaning or weather, always allow the surface to dry thoroughly (a minimum of 48 hours) before application.
- Do not mix with other waterproofing products; variations in the final appearance may result.
- A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface.
- Shake can well; hold can in upright position 12" from surface. spray one thin coat over entire surface to be waterproofed - DO NOT SATURATE.
- If applying a second coat, allow first coat to dry for 24 hours.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- Oiliness and tackiness will result if over-applied, applied to wet or damp surface, or if overnight temperature falls below 40°F within 48 hours of application.
- Allow at least 24 hours to dry
- If applying a second coat, allow the first coat to dry for 24 hours
- Clean brushes and equipment with mineral spirits, then rinse with clean water.
Contains aliphatic hydrocarbons. Danger! Extremely flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Vapors will accumulate readily and may ignite explosively. Keep area ventilated during use and until all vapors are gone. Do not smoke - extinguish all flames, pilot lights and heaters - turn off stoves, electric tools and appliances, and any other sources of ignition. Contents under pressure. avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or heat from radiators, stoves, hot water, and other heat sources that may cause bursting. Do not puncture, incinerate, burn, or store above 120°F. Keep upright in a cool, dry place. Do not discard empty can in the home garbage compactor. Vapor harmful. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid continuous breathing of vapor and spray mist. To avoid breathing vapors or spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH Approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using.
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician.
Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents may be harmful or fatal.
This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Do not take internally. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Size: 12 oz
- Coverage: 50'