High School Scholarship Program
Open to High School Seniors who:
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.50.
- Have participated in FFA, 4-H, Horticulture, DECA, FBLA, Young Farmers, Grange Youth Fair, Student Body Leadership, School Sports, Extracurricular Activities, or Non-School Related Activities such as Work Experience.
- Live in Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, Lake, Curry, Douglas, Siskiyou, Shasta, Tehama, Trinity, Del Norte, Modoc, Yuba, Sutter, Colusa, Glenn or Butte counties.
Granting of Scholarship:
- $1,500 scholarship from Grange Co-op GrangeGives awarded to eight students
- $2,000 scholarship from Grange Co-op GrangeGives awarded to one student.
- Written essay, with the choice of one topic below (Essays must meet a 900 minimum and 1,500 maximum word requirement to be considered):
- "What cooperative business model would benefit your community best and why?"
- "Plan a community garden. Answer these questions:
- How would you identify a need?
- How would you coordinate the development of a community garden?
- What would be the impact on the community?"
- Signed letter of recommendation from a current teacher, counselor, administrator or employer.
- Signed copy of official high school transcripts showing a minimum cumulative GPA requirement of 3.50.
- In addition to the written essay, applicants must submit a video introducing themselves, discussing their future aspirations and presenting their key takeaways from the essay. Video should be shared via a link to YouTube.
- Completed essay, letter of recommendation, and transcript must be submitted as attachments (.pdf format), along with a link to the video, in a single email to email@example.com by January 31.
- Grange Co-op is pleased to provide information on scholarships that may pertain to students in the Southern Oregon/Northern California region who wish to further their education. For additional scholarship opportunities, visit our resource link at /scholarship-opportunities/.
Scholarship is a one-time gift. By applying for this scholarship, you are authorizing Grange Co-op to use your name, photo and story in future publications, advertisements and electronic communications. You will also be added to our subscribers list to receive offers and timely information via email/SMS. To opt out of our list, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on how your information is used, visit grangecoop.com/privacy.