No matter what age or lifestyle stage your horses are in, there is one diet you can trust to meet the nutritional needs of the majority. Purina Strategy GX Professional Formula horse feed delivers complex, balanced nutrition in a simplified feeding program.
More than 12 years of feeding trials and research studies have resulted in optimized palatability, growth, exercise performance, and manufacturing quality, making Strategy GX horse feed an unbeatable formula for the vast majority of horses. Contains Outlast® for gastric health and comfort, to give you and your horses the confidence to perform even under stressful conditions.
- Protein That Performs - High quality protein sources and amino acids deliver a balanced profile that supports foal development, milk production, muscle growth & development and high-level performance
- Outlast Gastric Support - Scientifically shown to support gastric health and comfort and proper pH even through the stress of travel and competition
- Designed for a Healthy Appearance - Added fat and balanced nutrients support optimal body condition and shiny, healthy-looking haircoats
- Exceptional Palatability for Consistent Nutrient Intake - Hundreds of feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and in the field confirm exceptional palatability
- Top Quality Ingredients - Only ingredients that meet stringent quality criteria make it into mills and feed bags. Any shipment that doesn’t meet or exceed standards is turned away
- Controlled Starch and Sugars - More calories from fat and fibers provides multiple fuel sources to support overall health
- Crude Protein (min): 14.00 %
- Lysine (min): 0.9 %
- Crude Fat (min): 6.00 %
- Crude Fiber (max): 12.50 %
- Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF) (max): 15.50 %
- Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF) (max): 34.00 %
- Dietary Starch (max): 18.00 %
- Sugars (max): 7.00 %
- Calcium (Ca) (min): 0.90 %
- Calcium (Ca) (max): 1.40 %
- Phosphorus (P) (min): 0.60 %
- Copper (Cu) (min): 80.00 PPM
- Selenium (Se) (min): 0.60 PPM
- Zinc (Zn) (min): 280.00 PPM
- Vitamin A (min): 3000 IU/LB
- Vitamin E (min): 125 IU/LB
Feeding directions with hay or pasture. Start with the amounts given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Strategy GX horse feed by 1.0 pound for every additional 2.0 pounds of hay fed.
**Do not feed less than 0.3 pounds per 100 pounds of body weight per day for mature horses or 0.75 pounds per 100 pounds of body weight per day for yearlings. If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Strategy GX horse feed with Enrich Plus ration balancing feed.
***Use lower feeding rate for moderate growth rate and the higher feeding rate to support more rapid growth.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality,climate and activity level. Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lb per 100 lb of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.
- Life Stage: Active Pleasure, Any Life Stage, Breeding & Growing, Performance
- Type: Concentrate Feed
- Form: Pelleted
- Size: 50 lb
Technical Data Sheet.pdf