Provide your equine athletes a feed created with their needs in mind. Purina Omolene 200 Performance horse feed is designed for the unique nutrient and energy needs of high-performing equine athletes in any discipline, broodmares, and yearlings.
This feed has multiple fuel sources to support both aerobic and anaerobic exercise, with energy from whole grains and Amplify High-Fat Nugget. This formula also contains Outlast Gastric Support which is scientifically shown to support gastric health and comfort and proper pH even through the stress of travel and competition.
Feed with full confidence knowing only the best innovations proven in performance earn their place in Purina Omolene horse feeds.
- Whole grain nutrition - provides steady energy to fuel top performance
- Outlast Gastric support - Scientifically shown to support gastric health and comfort and proper pH even through the stress of travel and competition
- Amplify High-Fat Nugget - A proprietary blend of fatty acids from vegetable oils, flaxseed and rice bran that supports body condition, endurance and bloom
- Multiple Fuel Sources - Balanced fat and soluble carbohydrates support both aerobic and anaerobic exercise
- Balanced Nutrition - Designed to be fed with hay and/or pasture, this formula provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals when fed as directed
- Crude Protein (min): 14 %
- Lysine (min): 0.7 %
- Crude Fat (min): 6.00 %
- Crude Fiber (max): 7.50 %
- Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF) (max): 10.00 %
- Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF) (max): 23.00 %
- Calcium (Ca) (min): 0.80 %
- Calcium (Ca) (max): 1.30 %
- Phosphorus (P) (min): 0.50 %
- Copper (Cu) (min): 55.00 ppm
- Selenium (Se) (min): 0.60 ppm
- Zinc (Zn) (min): 220.00 ppm
- Vitamin A (min): 3000 IU/lb
- Vitamin E (min): 130 IU/lb
Feeding directions with hay or Pasture start with the amounts of Omolene 200 performance given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be gradually increased or decreased to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
For feeding directions outside the ranges addressed in these feeding charts, please contact your local Purina retailer or Purina customer service at 800-227-8941.
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, you may reduce the feeding rate of Omolene 200 needed to maintain appropriate body condition.
Do not feed less than 0.3 lb per 100 lb of body weight per day for mature horses (3 lb per 1000 lb horse) or 0.75 lb per 100 lb of body weight per day for yearlings (3.75 lb per 500 lb bw). If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, replace Omolene 200 with Purina enrich plus ration balancing horse feed.
Feeding rates of Omolene 200 and forage may be adjusted or feed may be top-dressed with Purina amplify high fat supplement for additional calories. Hard-working horses may also benefit from supplementation with Purina Supersport amino acid supplement.
Use the lower feeding rate for moderate growth rate and the higher feeding rate to support a more rapid growth rate.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 lb per day for each horse
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss, or death.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate, and activity level. Feed at regular times, at least twice daily. Do not feed more than 0.5 lb/100 lb of body weight per meal. Do not feed free choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any Feedstuff
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse that is hot, excited, or showing pain, has a fever, or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lb per 100 lb of bodyweight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Consult with your veterinarian regularly and maintain a routine dental, parasite control, and health care program for your horse
- Life Stage: Performance
- Type: Concentrate Feed
- Form: Textured
- Size: 50 lb
Technical Data Sheet.pdf