Stop weeds from growing for three months, guaranteed. Preen Garden Weed Preventer can be used around 200 established plants in flower and vegetable gardens, in ground covers, and around trees and shrubs.
- Prevents new weeds* from growing for three months, guaranteed
- Flip-top applicator cap makes application a breeze
- Safe to use around 200 established flowers, vegetables, trees, and shrubs, as listed on the product label
- Can be applied anytime during the growing season—spring, summer, or fall
- Eliminate the need for hand-weeding by applying Preen early
- Weed preventer stops weed seeds from germinating - does not kill existing weeds
- Not for use on lawns
4 Easy Steps to Free Yourself From Weeding
- Remove - Start by removing any existing weeds around flowers, vegetables, trees, and shrubs
- Sprinkle - Flip the top, tilt the bottle, and shake to distribute evenly. Works even better with mulch
- Integrate - Use a rake to work the granules into the top layer of soil or mulch or stone- covered bed
- Water - Water the area where applied to activate the protective weed control barrier beneath the soil
When To Apply
Apply Preen Garden Weed Preventer during the growing season around established plants and transplants. Preen should not be used on flower seeds. It can be used after flowering plants have germinated and are 2-3" tall. Preen may also be incorporated into the soil when seeding vegetables or applied after mulching beds. By applying Preen as early as possible, you can eliminate the need for hand‑weeding.
Rain does not wash this product out of the soil. To keep beds weed‑free all season long, reapply Preen weed preventer every 9-12 weeks.
Applying Around Established And Transplanted Plants
For flowers, roses, herbs, ground covers, ornamental grasses, shrubs, trees, and listed vegetables at least 2-3 inches tall, sprinkle Preen Garden Weed Preventer evenly over the entire soil surface at the rate of 1 oz per 10 sq. ft. Be sure to keep granules away from plant roots and foliage. Integrate with a rake and then immediately water. Always wash or brush off stray weed preventer granules from plant foliage to avoid damage or discoloration.
Applying With Mulch
If using standard mulch (and not Preen Mulch with Extended Control Weed Preventer which includes weed prevention), That recommend applying Preen Garden Weed Preventer after spreading the mulch on your flower and shrub beds for best weed control. Sprinkle Preen on top of the mulch and integrate with a rake. Be sure to keep granules away from plant foliage. Immediately water this product into the mulch. Always wash or brush off stray granules from plant foliage to avoid damage or discoloration.
First remove any existing weeds that may be growing. Then apply Preen Garden Weed Preventer using the easy-to-use bottle with flip-top applicator-cap. When plants are dry, sprinkle the product granules on top of the soil or mulch at the rate recommended on the label. Use a rake to work the granules into the top layer of soil or mulch. Once activated by watering, it forms a weed control barrier in the top layer of soil, preventing weed seeds from germinating. Disturbance to the soil surface after activation may result in erratic weed control.
Safety Data Sheet.pdf