Bird Watching Gear Checklist
Bird watching can be a year-round hobby in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. A great variety of species inhabit this region making it a wonderful place for bird watchers to visit and live. Whether you enjoy attracting wild birds to your back yard or traveling into nature to find them in their native environments, Grange Co-op has the gear you’ll need to maximize your viewing experience.
*Note: Best times of day to see the most bird activity are early morning and early evening.
From Your Backyard
- A good pair of Binoculars Recommendation: Vortex, Swarovski, Nikon, Zeiss, Leopold and Leica brands
- Bird Identification Guide to Western Birds Recommendation: National Geographic Society Field Guide to the Birds of North America
- Lifelist Checklist
- A comfortable lounge chair
Taking a Hike
• A good pair of waterproof binoculars Recommendation: Vortex, Swarovski, Nikon, Zeiss, Leopold and Leica brands
• Bird Identification Guide to Western Birds (see previous recommendation)