Make your own kombucha, kefir, ginger bug, jun, pineapple tepache, honey mead, beet kvass, and more.
Transform your health with fermented probiotic drinks - bubbly and creamy, sweet and tart, and always delicious.
It’s no secret that probiotics - the gut-friendly bacteria found in fermented foods - are a powerful superfood. They’ve been used for centuries to improve digestion, immunity, mood, and hormonal health. Plus, they’re uniquely healthful and perfect to enjoy any time of day and in any season.
This beautifully illustrated cookbook makes it easy and fun to fit probiotics into your busy routine with refreshing fermented drinks you can make at home. It turns out there’s much, much more to enjoy beyond premade kombucha and kefir. Here are 50 recipes for eight different elixirs—from Chinese Jun to Mexican Pineapple Tepache - that will bring surprising flavors from around the world right to your table.
Step by Step, Self-Taught Fermentation Guru Felicity Evans Explains How to
- Stock your kitchen with expert tools and affordable ingredients
- Try your hand at both cultured fermentation (Pretty vanilla, rosewater and chia water kefir) and wild fermentation (Beautifying blueberry beet kvass)
- Recognize a successful ferment and troubleshoot when needed
- Confidently brew and enjoy a diverse menu of presentation-worthy drinks
With this complete resource at your fingertips, you'll become a master of these handcrafted, healing drinks in no time.
- Author: Felicity Evans
- Publication Date: February 20, 2018
- Number of Pages: 192
- Format: Paperback