Anthelcide EQ Paste safely and effectively removes and controls various internal parasites, including large strongyles, large roundworms, pinworms and threadworms. This dewormer contains the active ingredient oxibendazole. ANTHELCIDE EQ Paste is ideal for the essential treatment of ascarids (roundworms) in foals at 4 to 6 months of age and one month post-weaning.
ANTHELCIDE EQ Paste has shown to be effective for the removal and control of various internal parasites, including large strongyles, large roundworms, pinworms and threadworms in healthy horses.
Dosage and Administration
- The dosage of ANTHELCIDE EQ Paste is 10 mg/kg (22 mg/lb) of body weight (15 mg/kg (33.07 mg/lb) for strongyloides)
- A single syringe can treat up to 1,200 lb of body weight.
The convenient syringe has 12 weight mark increments. Each weight mark indicates the recommended dose for 100 pounds of body weight.
How To Deworm
As treatment doses are based on the weight of the animal, use a scale or weight tape to determine each animal’s weight before treating. Once an accurate weight is known, treat each horse with ANTHELCIDE EQ Paste as follows:
- Adjust the ring to your animal’s weight and lock into place
- Make sure there is no feed in the animal’s mouth
- Remove the cap from the end of the syringe. Save the cap for reuse
- Place the tip of the syringe into the side of the animal’s mouth at the space between the incisor and molar teeth
- Gently push the plunger until it stops, depositing the dewormer on the back of the tongue
- Remove the syringe from the animal’s mouth and raise the animal’s head slightly to make sure he swallows the dewormer
- Replace the syringe cap
- Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism
- Store at a controlled room temperature of 15° C to 30° C (59° F to 86° F)
- Do not use in horses intended for human consumption
- For use with: Equine
- Size: 24 gram
Safety Data Sheet.pdf