There are many benefits to membership, but you are always welcome to shop our site as a guest. Add your items to the cart, provide the shipping address and payment information, and your purchase will be on its way.
Since 1934, Grange Co-op Members and Dividend Patrons have received millions of dollars in patronage dividends. Proven to be a stable, visionary company, Grange Co-op has continued to adapt to meet the growing needs of our customers. With our Agricultural Membership or Dividend Patron Program, you will not only enjoy great values, but share in Grange Co-op’s profits as well.
What are Patronage Dividends?
Patronage Dividends are profits that are returned back to our Members and Dividend Patrons in direct proportion to the amount of their Grange Co-op purchases. The Board of Directors determines the dividend percentage based on the profitability the co-op achieves.
†For illustrative purposes only. Dividend rate varies each year based on annual profitability. Dividend checks are mailed out in April. Total equity credit for Agricultural Members revolves out in 10-11 years, Dividend Patron revolve time is undetermined.
Can Anyone Receive Patronage Dividends?
Yes. Since farmer/rancher members changed Grange Co-op policy to allow non-Agricultural Member customers to receive dividends, thousands of our patrons have taken advantage our Dividend Patron Program.
How Can I Receive Patronage Dividends?
Grange Co-op provides two ways to earn patronage dividends. The first way is to enroll in our Dividend Patron Program. The second way is to qualify and become an Agricultural Member of the cooperative. Both ways to qualify and earn patronage dividends are summarized below.
- Everyone can apply for Patronage Dividends
- Patronage dividends are paid annually to Dividend Patrons purchasing amounts greater than $500
- Typically, 20% of the dividend is paid in cash and 80% is paid in equity credits
- There are no voting rights associated with Dividend Patron contracts
- A one-time $20 Dividend Patron membership fee provides lifetime benefits
- $5.00 discount for membership in another co-op, including credit unions
- Patronage dividends are not subject to taxation (unless you deduct your Grange Co-op purchases on your taxes)
Agricultural Member Dividends*
- Membership is for full and part-time farmers and ranchers
- Patronage dividends are paid annually to Agricultural Members purchasing amounts greater than $500
- Typically, 30% of the dividend is paid in cash and 70% is paid in equity credits
- Equity credits are retired at the discretion of the Board of Directors and currently average 10 to 12 years
- Agricultural Members have voting rights
- A one-time $100 membership provides lifetime benefits
- Patronage dividends are subject to taxation (if you deduct your Grange Co-op purchases on your taxes)
* All transactions processed with your account number in the year your application is submitted will be recognized for dividend purposes. Cash transactions processed prior to the assignment of your account number will not be included when computing patronage dividends. Please provide your account number to our sales personnel when your merchandise is purchased regardless of the form of your payment, to properly record your patronage activity.
How Do I Sign Up?
You can sign up for Membership or Dividend Patronage by filling out a simple application available at any Grange Co-op location, or by clicking on one of the links above. For more information about Grange Co-op Membership or Dividend Patronage, please call (541) 664-1261 or visit our main office located in our Pet Country location at 2833 N. Pacific Highway in Medford, OR 97501.