Bovi-shield gold one shot offers the highest levels of protection available in the combination respiratory vaccine category and protects at the same level as the parent vaccines, bovi-shield gold 5 and one shot. You get superior protection with no surprises.
- Provides superior protection against the major respiratory viruses (IBR and BVD types 1 and 2) and unmatched mannheimia haemolytica protection
- Prevents ibr and bvd types 1 and 2 viremia, which are important contributors to bovine respiratory disease (brd) and can cost nearly $254 per head1
- Protects your calves through the stress of weaning and transport to another operation
- Provides an uncompromised level of respiratory protection and long duration of immunity against diseases caused by ibr virus and bvd virus types 1 and 2 with a single injection
- Highest level of protection for your cattle
- Helps boost your bottom line
- Effective convenience
Dosage and Administration
Bovi-shield gold one shot may be administered to pregnant cattle provided they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any bovi-shield gold fp or pregguard gold fp vaccine within the past 12 months. Bovi-shield gold one shot also may be administered to calves nursing pregnant cows provided their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above. To help ensure safety in pregnant cattle, heifers must receive at least 2 doses of any bovi-shield gold fp or pregguard gold fp product with the second dose administered approximately 30 days prebreeding.
Vaccination of healthy cattle is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried component with the sterile diluent provided, shake well and administer 2 ml subcutaneously. In accordance with beef quality assurance guidelines, this product should be administered in the neck region.
Administer a single 2-ml dose to healthy cattle. To avoid possible maternal antibody interference with active immunization, calves vaccinated before the age of 6 months should be revaccinated after 6 months of age or at weaning.
Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended. Good management practices support revaccination whenever subsequent stress or exposure is likely.
- Store at 2° to 7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze
- Use entire contents when first opened
- Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine
- Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine
- Burn containers and all unused contents
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter
- Contains gentamicin as preservative
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy
- This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions or are otherwise immunocompromised, or if the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions