Scotts Turf Builder Thic'r Lawn sun & shade has everything you need to help turn your thin lawn into a thicker, greener lawn. The 3-in-1 solution is formulated with grass seed to fill gaps in current lawn, fertilizer to feed, green, and thicken new and existing grass, and soil improvers to encourage stronger root development. These three components work together to help you get up to a 50% thicker lawn with just one application (subject to proper care; results may vary based on current condition of lawn). Scotts Turf Builder Thick'r lawn sun & shade is a great addition to your lawn care program with one application in the spring and one application in the late summer or early fall. Scotts recommend using a Scotts spreader to apply this product. One 12 lb bag of Scotts Turf Builder Thick'r lawn sun & shade covers 1,200 sq. ft.
- Scotts Turf Builder Thick'r Lawn sun & shade is a 3-in-1 solution uniquely formulated to help turn your thin lawn into a thicker, greener lawn with stronger roots
- Lawn improvement product contains grass seed to fill gaps in current lawn, fertilizer for thicker, greener turf, and soil improver to encourage root development
How to Use
- Prep - mow the area to a height of approximately 2" or lowest mowing setting. Rake or de-thatch to loosen the top layer of soil and remove any dead grass or debris
- Apply - use a Scotts spreader to apply
- Water - Water daily or as needed to keep soil surface moist for the first 2 weeks. Resume mowing when lawn reaches desired mowing height
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
Apply only to actively growing turf. Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply this product only to your lawn and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk or street, back onto your lawn.
Where to Use
This product is designed specifically to repair thin lawns and is intended for application to the entire lawn.
When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to use Thick'r Lawn. Seed germinates best anytime temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F and all danger of frost has passed.
How Often to Apply
Scotts Turf Builder Thick'r Lawn is a great addition to your lawn care program with 1 application in the spring and 1 application in the late summer/early fall.
Using with Other Products
Do not apply weed control products until the grass is well established (mowed at least 4 times). Additionally, if you recently used a weed control product, refer to those product instructions to determine how soon you can plant grass seed.
- Fertilizer Analysis: 9-1-1
- Average Days to Germinate: 7- 30 days
- Size: 12 lb