Purina Outlast Gastric Support Supplement - 40 lb
- Designed to support gastric balance
- Field-tested and horse-approved
- Flexible feeding
Purina Outlast Gastric Support Supplement is formulated to support gastric health and proper pH. It is estimated that up to 90 percent of active horses experience gastric discomfort, affecting health, attitude, and performance. Common activities including stall confinement, exercise, transportation, weaning, and few environments such as events and shows are known to cause stress and gastric discomfort. Purina Outlast Gastric Support Supplement was developed by Ph.D. Equine Nutritionists to support a healthy gastric environment.
- Confidence - Outlast supplement contains a unique blend of ingredients that are designed to support gastric balance, giving you and your horse the confidence to perform
- Designed to support gastric balance - Purina's Ph.D. Equine Nutritionists have spent hundreds of hours (and counting) researching Outlast supplement at a state-of-the-art nutrition research farm in Missouri
- Field-tested and horse-approved - As part of a rigorous testing process, hundreds of performance horses around the country participated in nutrition research
- Flexible feeding - Research shows horses enjoy Outlast supplement top-dressed or fed as a snack before a stressful event
- Incredible value - Finally, while we know your horse’s comfort has no price, Outlast supplement provides an affordable tool to support your horse’s gastric health
- Crude Protein (min): 13.00 %
- Crude Fat (min): 1.10 %
- Crude Fiber (max): 17.00 %
- Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF) (max): 21.00 %
- Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF) (max): 35.00 %
- Calcium (Ca) (min): 4.00 %
- Calcium (Ca) (max): 5.00 %
- Phosphorus (P) (min): 0.45 %
This product is designed to be top-dressed on your horse's regular feed ration and/or fed as a snack within one hour prior to engaging in a potentially stressful event such as exercising, traveling, confinement, etc.
The feeding rate for both the top dress and the snack is 20 grams per 100 to 125 lb. body weight. For example, a 1,000 to 1,250 lb. horse would receive 200 grams of the supplement per feeding. This feeding rate is equivalent to 1.25 cups (10 oz with a dry-good measuring cup). See chart for specific recommendations.
The typical feeding rate is 3 to 4 times per day top-dressed with each meal and a snack 30 to 60 minutes prior to a stressful event. Do not feed more than 6 times per day at the recommended rates for your horse's weight.
Meals of ULTIUM Gastric Care Horse Formula or RACE-READY GT Race Horse Formula include OUTLAST Gastric Support Supplement, so each meal will count as one OUTLAST supplement top-dress/snack. Changes in feeding should be made gradually.
For best results, feed OUTLAST supplement along with an appropriate PURINA Horse Feed for your horse's lifestyle, fed at recommended rates. Provide adequate forage (minimum of 1.2% of body weight) in the overall diet to maintain normal digestive function in the horse. Amounts of OUTLAST Supplement to Feed Per Top-dress at Meals and/or Snacks.
*Standard 8 oz kitchen measuring cups when measured by volume.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss, or death. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
- Size: 40 lb
- Life Stage: Active Pleasure, Any Life Stage, Breeding & Growing, Performance, Senior, Special Needs
- Type: Supplements
- Form: Pelleted