Open to High School Seniors who:
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Have participated in FFA, 4-H, Horticulture, DECA, FBLA, Student Body Leadership, School Sports, or Non-School Related Activities such as Work Experience.
- Live in Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, Lake, Curry, Douglas, Coos, Siskiyou, Del Norte, Modoc or Humboldt counties.
Granting of Scholarship:
- $1,000 scholarship from Grange Co-op awarded to ten students
- $1,500 scholarship from Rogue Co-ops awarded to one student.
- Students must reside in one of the following Oregon or California counties: Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, Lake, Curry, Douglas, Coos, Siskiyou, Del Norte, Modoc or Humboldt.
- Written essay on this year’s scholarship topic – What economic and social impacts does a cooperative business model have on a community? Essays must meet a 500 minimum and 1,500 maximum word requirement to be considered.
- Letter of recommendation from a current teacher, counselor, administrator or employer.
- Copy of transcripts showing minimum GPA requirement of 3.0.
- Applicants may submit, in addition to the written essay, a video introducing themselves and presenting their essay, either on DVD or via a link to YouTube.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the 2016 Grange Co-op Annual Meeting.
- Winning students are asked to attend the Grange Co-op Annual Meeting for an award presentation. Immediate family is encouraged to attend.
Scholarship is a one-time gift.