Scotts Turf Builder 24-25-4 Starter Food for New Grass - 5000 sq. ft.
- Grows new grass 70% thicker, 35% quicker
- 24-25-4 fertilizer ratio
- Provides the nutrients for developing lawns
- Improves seeding results
- For use on all grass types
With Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food for New Grass, your seedlings will benefit from a combination of nutrients that will satisfy their special needs. The Starter Food gives new grass a quick start by promoting faster root and blade development. New grass grows 70% thicker and 35% quicker versus unfed grass, which will have you on your way to the lawn you’ve always wanted. Faster.
- Improves Seeding Results - Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food For New Grass feeds to help new grass take root and grow
- Safe For Any Grass Type - Whether you’re planting new grass, starting a new lawn, reseeding an existing one, or installing sod, sprigs or grass plugs, Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food for New Grass is safe to use on any grass type
- 24-25-4 fertilizer ratio provides the nutrients for developing lawns
- Also great for sod and grass plugs
- For use on all grass types
How to Care for Your New Grass
After you’ve planted your new grass, it’s important to make sure you water it once a day or as needed to keep the soil moist. Then make sure to continue feeding your lawn so it maintains a thick, green appearance. Finally wait to mow the area until the new grass is at least three inches tall.
How to Use
Lawn products work in harmony with the environment when used correctly. Do not apply near water or storm drains or draining ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected.
Apply with a drop or rotary spreader. For best results, use a Scotts spreader.
- Set - Set spreader to appropriate setting for best results.
- Follow the color coded map to ensure your lawn receives the right amount of fertilizer. Apply as directed.
- Apply - Fill spreader and apply over newly seeded area or over entire lawn for root development boost
- Clean Up - To keep lawn products from reaching storm sewers, sweep or blow stray particles back onto lawn. Return unused portion of fertilizer to original container. Run any remaining product out of spreader over lawn
- Water - This product does not require watering in. However, watering is the critical step to seeding success. Keep soil consistently moist until seedlings reach 2" high.
Where to Use
Apply to newly seeded areas or over entire lawn for root development boost.
Where not to Use
Do not apply near water or storm drains or draining ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected.
When to Apply
Use when planting seed, sod, sprigs or plugs.
While there are no restrictions on reentering the lawn with this product, it is recommended to watering the product in and waiting until it is dried before going back on the lawn.
If empty do not reuse container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- Size: 15 lb
- Fertilizer Analysis: 24-25-4
- Packaging Type: Bag
- Coverge Area: 5000 sq. ft.