Open to High School Seniors who:
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.50.
- Have participated in FFA, 4-H, Horticulture, DECA, FBLA, Student Body Leadership, School Sports, Extracurricular Activities, or Non-School Related Activities such as Work Experience.
- Live in Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, Lake, Curry, Douglas, Siskiyou, Shasta, Tehama, Del Norte, Modoc, Yuba, Sutter, Colusa, Glenn or Butte counties.
Granting of Scholarship:
- $1,500 scholarship from Grange Co-op awarded to eight students
- $2,000 scholarship from Rogue Co-ops awarded to one student.
- Written essay, with the choice of one topic below (Essays must meet a 500 minimum and 1,500 maximum word requirement to be considered):
- “What cooperative business model would benefit your community best and why?”
- “What are some innovative ways Grange Co-op can connect with young people in your community?”
- Signed letter of recommendation from a current teacher, counselor, administrator or employer.
- Copy of official high school transcripts showing a minimum cumulative GPA requirement of 3.50.
- In addition to the written essay, applicants must submit a video introducing themselves, discussing their future aspirations and presenting their key takeaways from the essay. Video should be shared via a link to YouTube.
- Completed scholarship application, essay, letter of recommendation, and transcript must be submitted as attachments (.pdf format), along with a link to the video, in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31.
- Scholarships will be awarded annually in April and presented to recipients at Grange Co-op’s Annual Meeting.
- Scholarship recipients are asked to attend Grange Co-op’s Annual Meeting for the award presentation. Immediate family is encouraged to attend.
- View our 2020-2021 Scholarship Recipients HERE.
Scholarship is a one-time gift. By applying for this grant, you are authorizing Grange Co-op to use your name, photo and story in future publications and advertisements.