Purina Start & Grow Medicated Crumble Poultry Feed
- Prebiotics and probiotics
- A chick strong system
- Essential amino acids
- Added marigold extract
Greatness starts on day one. Purina Start & Grow Medicated chicken feed contains amprolium (not an antibiotic) to aid in the prevention of coccidiosis. the feed gives your chicks a strong start and enhances early hen development. Raise chicks from day one to laying age (18-20 weeks) with feed that supports their digestive health and immune function and aids in the protection against coccidiosis where immunity is not desired.
If your birds have not been vaccinated for coccidiosis or if you're unsure of their vaccination status, we recommend feeding your birds Purina Start & Grow Medicated.
- Prebiotics and probiotics - Supports immune and digestive health
- A chick strong system - Complete and balanced recipe with the optimal combination of all the required nutrients chicks need to grow at a proper pace
- Essential amino acids - The feed contains 18% protein and has been enhanced with lysine and methionine to support muscle and skeletal development
- Added marigold extract - For brightly-colored beaks and bright plumage
- Optimal combination of vitamins and minerals - Helps chicks grow into healthy adult birds
- Medicated - Includes amprolium to help prevent coccidiosis amprolium is not an antibiotic and is not affected by the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)
- Crude Protein (min): 18.00 %
- Lysine (min): 0.90 %
- Methionine (min): 0.34 %
- Crude Fat (min): 3.00 %
- Crude Fiber (max): 5.00 %
- Calcium (Ca) (min): 0.75 %
- Calcium (Ca) (max): 1.25 %
- Phosphorus (P) (min): 0.55 %
- Salt (NaCl) (min): 0.25 %
- Salt (NaCl) (max): 0.75 %
- Manganese (Mn) (min): 55.00 PPM
- Vitamin A (min): 5000 IU/LB
- Vitamin E (min): 14 IU/LB
Feed Purina Start & Grow Medicated feed to layer chicks from day one through week 18 as at least 90 percent of the chick’s diet. Transition to Purina Layena, Purina Layena+ Free Range, or Layena+ Omega-3 feed at week 18.
Use as the sole source of amprolium. Do not change the litter while giving this feed unless absolutely necessary. If losses exceed 0.5% in a two (2) day period, obtain an accurate diagnosis, and follow the instructions of your veterinarian or poultry pathologist. Losses may result from intercurrent disease or other conditions under field conditions. In replacement flocks, the grower must expect that excessive exposure to one or more species may overwhelm the drug in some flocks and prompt treatment will be required. Do not use in feeds containing bentonite.
Please consult the feed tag sewn onto this bag for specific feeding instructions.
- Life Stage: Chicks & Pullets
- Type: Complete Feed