Purina Omolene #100 Active Pleasure Horse Feed - 50 lb
- Whole grain nutrition
- Gastric support
- Exceptional palatability & shine
- Nutritious whole grains
- Added vegetable oils
With Outlast Gastric Support Supplement.
For Horses in Light to Moderate Work.
Exceptional horse feeds like Purina Omolene aren’t built overnight.
It took over 100 years of industry-leading research and innovation to build today’s Purina Omolene horse feed lineup. started with naturally nutritious high-quality whole grains packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients, and prebiotic fibers. From there, countless nutrition studies and feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center led to scientific breakthroughs that keep formulas on the cutting-edge of equine nutrition and performance. Because only innovations proven to have the highest level of performance and safety earn their place in Purina Omolene horse feeds, you can feed with full confidence. Whether you need to fuel intense competitive performance, support your horse’s gastric health, or nourish the growth of the next generation of equine athletes, Omolene feeds are built to help solve your toughest nutritional challenges.
When there’s greatness on the inside, it shows on the outside.
- Whole grain nutrition - Provides steady energy from ingredients you can see
- Gastric support - Formulated with Outlast Supplement to support gastric health and proper pH
- Exceptional palatability & shine - From a proprietary blend of vegetable oil & molasses
- Nutritious whole grains - A natural source of antioxidants, phytonutrients, and prebiotic fibers
- Added vegetable oils - Help support shiny hair coat and healthy skin
- Balanced nutrition - Designed to be fed with hay and/or pasture, this formula provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals when fed as directed*. *When fed as directed, with free-choice or added salt, based on Nutrient Requirements of Horses. Sixth Revised Edition – 2007, published by the National Research Council
- Year-round quality - Unique soy oil-molasses blend with lower sugar and higher fat than traditional cane molasses helps decrease bricking in winter and drying out in summer
- Proven palatability - Countless trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and in the field verify exceptional palatability to support consistent nutrient intake, even in the pickiest eaters
- Ingredient integrity - Only ingredients that meet stringent quality criteria make it into mills and feed bags. Any shipment that doesn’t meet or exceed standards is turned away
- Crude Protein (min): 10.00 %
- Lysine (min): 0.60 %
- Crude Fat (min): 4.50 %
- Crude Fiber (max): 10.00 %
- Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF) (max): 13.00 %
- Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF) (max): 28.00 %
- Calcium (Ca) (min): 0.80 %
- Calcium (Ca) (max): 1.30 %
- Phosphorus (P) (min): 0.45 %
- Copper (Cu) (min): 35.00 PPM
- Zinc (Zn) (min): 140 PPM
- Vitamin A (min): 3000 IU/LB
- Vitamin E (min): 100 IU/LB
Feeding directions with hay or pasture - start with the amounts of omolene® 100 pleasure given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be gradually increased or decreased to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
For feeding directions outside the ranges addressed in these feeding charts, please contact your local Purina retailer or Purina Customer Service at 800-227-8941.
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, you may reduce the feeding rate of Omolene 100 needed to maintain appropriate body condition.
**To meet nutrient requirements, do not feed less than 0.3 lb per 100 lb of body weight per day (3 lb per 1000 lb horse). If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, replace Omolene 100 with Purina ENRICH PLUS Ration Balancing Horse Feed.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss, or death. Feeding added selenium resulting in total diet levels in excess of 0.3 ppm is prohibited.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate, and activity level. Feed at regular times, at least twice daily. Do not feed more than 0.5 lb/100 lb of body weight per meal. Do not feed free choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse that is hot, excited, or showing pain, has a fever, or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lb per 100 lb of bodyweight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Consult with your veterinarian regularly and maintain a routine dental, parasite control, and health care program for your horse
- Size: 50 lb
- Life Stage: Active Pleasure
- Type: Concentrate Feed
- Form: Textured