Liquamycin LA-200 Oxytetracycline Injection for Cattle and Swine
- Sterile, ready-to-use solution
- Broad-spectrum antibiotic oxytetracycline (Terramycin)
- Effective in the treatment of a wide range of diseases caused by bacteria
Liquamycin LA-200 (oxytetracycline injection) is a sterile, ready-to-use solution for the administration of the broad-spectrum antibiotic oxytetracycline (Terramycin) by injection. Terramycin, discovered by Pfizer scientists, is an antimicrobial agent that is effective in the treatment of a wide range of diseases caused by susceptible gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Liquamycin LA-200 administered to cattle or swine for the treatment of bacterial pneumonia at a dosage of 9 mg of oxytetracycline per lb of body weight has been demonstrated in clinical trials to be as effective as 2 or 3 repeated, daily treatments of Terramycin Injectable at 3-5 mg/lb of body weight.
Liquamycin LA-200 does not require refrigeration; however, it is recommended that it be stored at room temperature, 15°-30°C (59°-86°F). The antibiotic activity of oxytetracycline is not appreciably diminished in the presence of body fluids, serum, or exudates.
Liquamycin LA-200 is approved for
- The treatment of bacterial enteritis (scours, colibacillosis) caused by Escherichia coli; pneumonia caused by Pasteurella multocida; and leptospirosis caused by Leptospira pomona
- In sows, Liquamycin LA-200 is indicated as an aid in the control of infectious enteritis (baby pig scours, colibacillosis) in suckling pigs caused by Escherichia coli
Important Safety Information
Cattle/Dairy- Discontinue treatment with Liquamycin LA-200 at least 28 days prior to slaughter. Discard milk for 96 hours after the last treatment. Do not exceed the highest recommended level of drug per lb of body weight per day.
Swine - Withdraw Liquamycin LA-200 at least 28 days prior to slaughter.
- Form: Liquid
- Certification: FDA Approved