Hikari Frozen Discus - 3.5 oz
- Extremely flavorful food
- More nutritious than beefheart
- Worm-like stick discus love
A mixture of various ingredients which are intended to replace Beefheart as the discus' main diet. This stick technology has become popular recently with other brands, but the fact is Hikari has been using this technology for almost 2 decades because it can offer a complete blend of all the ingredients in one easy-to-digest stick. A stick that closely resembles that of a live worm, which we all know Discus adores.
A Unique Food Offering
- A formed stick that offers the complete nutrient package with each bite
- Perfectly sized to allow discus of all ages to readily consume
- A combination of natural protein sources and vitamins most other brands cannot duplicate readily
- Easy to use "no-touch" cubes make measured feeding a snap
Proprietary Processes Help Us Offer Unsurpassed Quality
- 3 Step Sterilized for safety
- Free of harmful parasites and bacteria or foul odor
- The multi-step cleansing process offers the world's cleanest frozen foods available today
- Ingredients gut-loaded with Bio-Encapsulated Multi-Vitamins to offer better than live food nutrition
- Proprietary Mega-Power Freezer helps us lock in all the nutrition your fish need while maintaining the natural color, taste, and texture
- Hi-tech and highly automated packing machines allow us to maintain the integrity of the animal and avoid pieces and parts common with competitive products
Feed no more than your fish will consume within 30-45 sec no more than twice daily. Avoid over-feeding as it can cause water quality issues.
All types of discus and other tropical fish prefer a meaty meal.
For other feeding options, ask your local pet professional about Hikari formulated, Bio-Pure FD, or other Bio-Pure Frozen food offerings.
Care should be taken to avoid over-feeding and any uneaten food should be removed after the feeding period to avoid water quality issues and the health problems that can result. Additionally, feeding live or frozen foods can spoil your aquatic pet and make feeding a formulated food more difficult. Live or frozen foods should be used as a treat to "mix up" your nutritional offering, not act as a substitute for good nutrient selection that offers a full offering of necessary nutrition.
Handling frozen food that is derived from a live animal can cause the same allergic reaction possible by handling the live animal itself. To avoid potential problems, always wash your hands immediately after use and avoid contact with your nose and mouth prior to washing.
Shrimp, squid, brine shrimp, rotifer, blood worms, spirulina, water, pyridoxine hydrochloride, carotene, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, choline chloride, folic acid, calcium pantothenate, inositol, niacin.*
* Because of commitment to providing the highest quality nutrition available, some differences in ingredients may occur due to regular formula updates.
- Crude Protein (min.): 2%
- Crude Fat (min.): 0.5%
- Crude Fiber (max.): 0.5%
- Moisture (max.): 96%
- Phosphorus (min.): 0.01%
- Vitamin C (min.): 10 mg/kg
- Vitamin B2 (min.): 2 mg/kg
- Vitamin B12 (min.): 200 µg/kg
- Size: 3.5 oz