Permatex Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue - 2.5ml
- All-purpose, medium strength thread locker
- Protects threads from corrosion
- Removable with hand tools for easy disassemble
OEM specified. All-purpose, medium strength thread locker. Ideal for all nut and bolt applications 1/4" to 3/4". Eliminates the need for stocking expensive lock nuts and lock washers. Locks and seals while preventing parts from loosening due to vibration. Protects threads from corrosion. Removable with hand tools for easy disassembly. Conforms to ASTM D 5363 AN0321 (Mil-S-46163A, Type II, Grade N).
Permatex Medium Strength Threadlocker BLUE is a medium strength anaerobic threadlocking material, which cures between engaged threads to form a unitized assembly that resists virtually all leakage, shock and vibration. The product is a single component, anaerobic liquid that cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. Ideal for all 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch diameter nut and bolt assemblies. Excellent chemical resistance with a temperature resistance range of -54°C to +149°C (-65°F to +300°F). Easily removable with hand tools for servicing requirements.
- Eliminates vibration issues
- Seals against leakage
- Prevents rusting of threads
- Cures without cracking or shrinking
- Can be adjusted or disassembled
- No mixing
- No curing outside of joint
- Thixotropic: resists dripping from threads during assembly
- No torque compensation required during assembly
- Clean and dry parts
- Shake bottle of Medium Strength Threadlocker Red well before each use
- Remove cap and snip nozzle tip
- Apply Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue to threaded areas and assemble parts
Note: Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue works on metal parts. It is not recommended for plastics. Parts may be disassembled with normal hand tools.
Prevents loosening and leakage of threaded fasteners. Particularly suitable for applications such as:
- Belt tensioner bolts
- Pulley bolts
- Cup and core plugs
- Fan hub bolts
- Visor mount bolts
- Starter mounting bolts
- Alternator Mounting Bolts
- Intake Manifold Bolts
- Valve Cover Bolts
- Vacuum Adjustment Screws
- Oil Pan Bolts
- Axle Cover Screws
- Drive Shaft Bolts
- Disc Brake Caliper Bolts
- Gearshift Knobs
Valve cover bolts, water pump bolts, oil pan bolts, drive shaft bolts, rocker arm adjustment nuts, carburetor studs.
Handlebar brackets, mirror fixtures, shock bolts, rear fender nuts, small fastener nuts.
Case cover bolts, axle housing bolts, oil seal retainer bolts, axle shaft flange bolts, differential drain plugs, fuel tank fasteners, lug nuts, windshield wiper nuts, gear shift knobs, door hardware, running light screws, morning mounting.
Valve cover bolts, water pump bolts, oil pan bolts, drive shaft bolts,
rocker arm adjustment nuts, carburetor studs.
- Clean all threads (Bolt and Hole) with a cleaning solvent such as Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner and allow to dry
- Determine if the threads to be bonded are Active or Inactive Metals (Ref: Cure Speed vs. Substrate on the second page). If material is an Inactive Metal, spray all threads with Permatex Surface Prep and allow 30 seconds to dry . Priming is not required if the material is an Active Metal. If unknown, it is always best to use the primer
- Shake the product thoroughly before use
- To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application
- For Thru Holes, apply several drops of product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area
- Assemble and tighten as usual. When tightening to established torque values, torque compensation is not required
For Blind Holes, apply several drops down the female threads into the bottom of the hole. As threads are engaged, compressed air forces the product upwards into the threads.
- Residual liquid films and/or fillets outside the joint are readily soluble in Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner
- Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in Permatex Gasket Remover and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush
- Remove with standard hand tools
- In the rare instance where hand tools do not work, because of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 232°C (450°F). Disassemble while hot.
- Remove loose product from nut and bolt
- Apply primer to all threads, regardless of metal type
- Assemble and tighten as usual
- Size: 2.5ml