Ortho WeedClear Lawn Weed Killer Ready to Use with Comfort Wand - 1.1 gal
- Fast-acting, with results in one application
- Kills weeds to the roots but won't harm the lawn (when used as directed)
- Apply to weeds using the attached battery-powered Comfort Wand
Ortho WeedClear Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Use kills all types of weeds (as listed) without harming your lawn (when used as directed). The formula is rainproof in 1 hr and is fast-acting you'll see results in just one application. It kills over 200 weeds down to the roots, including dandelion, chickweed, clover, crabgrass, and foxtail.
Easily apply to weeds using the attached battery-powered Comfort Wand. For use on grasses, including Bermudagrass, Buffalograss, Fescues, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, and Zoysiagrass. Use Ortho WeedClear Lawn Weed Killer to kill weeds to the roots. The process is as easy as removing the sprayer from its holster, connecting it, and spraying – and Ortho WeedClear Lawn Weed Killer is ready in a matter of seconds. The herbicides enter lawn weeds through their leaves and move inside the weeds, treating weeds right down to the roots.
- 2,4-D, Dimethylamine salt: 0.313%
- Quinclorac: 0.104%
- Dicamba, Dimethylamine salt: 0.029%
How to Use
To apply Ortho WeedClear Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Use:
- Prepare the sprayer. Remove the battery powered wand from the side clip, unwrap the hose completely, and remove protective strip from battery compartment to activate batteries. Then insert the plug at the end of the hose into the spout on the cap until it clicks and flip up the spout. Spout must remain open while spraying. Next, flip open the wand until it locks into position
- Select your spray pattern. Twist the nozzle to the desired setting
- Spray Point the wand away from your body and hold the trigger for a continuous spray, releasing the trigger to stop sprating. To spot treat, aim at center of weed and spray lightly to cover
Where to Use
Ortho WeedClear Lawn Weed Killer is intended for the treatment of individual weeds, patches of weeds, or sparse weeds scattered throughout the following established turfgrass types: Kentucky bluegrass, ryegrass, tall fescue, fine fescues, Bermudagrass, zoysiagrass, and buffalograss.
Where Not to Use
This residential outdoor herbicide is not intended for use on the following grasses: St. Augustinegrass, Bahiagrass, Bentgrass, Centipedegrass, Carpetgrass, Seashore paspalum, Lawns with desirable clovers or legumes, Dichondra, ornamental plants (flowers, trees, groundcovers, landscape beds and shrubs), certain Turfgrass species, and gardens including vegetables, fruit trees, vines and berries.
When to Apply
- The best time to apply this product is when weeds are small and actively growing in the spring or fall. Apply when daytime temperatures are between 45°F and 90°F. Do not apply above 85°F for Bermudagrass. For new lawns, apply only when grass has reached a height of a least 2"
- Avoid applications during the spring transition of the warm season grasses and during periods of extremely high temperatures
How Often to Apply
Certain hard-to-kill weeds may need to be spot treated in 14 days after first application.
Eliminate weeds without compromising surrounding ecosystems by avoiding product drift and runoff. During treatments, remain aware of nearby storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters.
When the container is empty, dispose of in trash or rinse over the treatment area and place in recycling if available. If some herbicide remains in the container, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Under no circumstances should the unused product be disposed of down any indoor or outdoor drain. This container is non-refillable.
Kids and Pets
It is safe for pets and humans to reenter the space once the herbicide has thoroughly dried.
For best results, delay mowing 2 days before and 2 days after the application of this product.
If your lawn is looking a little thirsty, water 24 hr prior to application. To avoid potential runoff, do not water 24 hr after treatment.
What to Expect
You can expect results after only one treatment. Applications made to Bermudagrass may result in temporary yellowing or discoloration. Certain hard-to-kill weeds may need to be spot treated in 14 days after first application.
Protect the desirable plants in your yard by avoiding a fine mist spray, as this can drift and raises the risk for injury to surrounding species.
Please avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing by wearing a long-sleeved shirt, pants, socks, shoes, and rubber gloves during application. Following application, wash thoroughly with soap and water and change clothing before resuming normal activities.
- Type: Ready to Use
- Size: 1.1 gal
- Package Type: Jug