Naturvet Digestive Enzymes Powder with Prebiotics & Probiotics - 4 oz
- For dogs and cats over the age of 6 weeks
- Use to help food transitioning, sensitive stomachs and Flatulence
- Help support diet change and healthy digestive tract
For dogs and cats over the age of 6 weeks.
Use to Help
- Food transitioning
- Sensitive stomachs
A source of
- Alpha-Amylase which can hydrolyze starch
- Protease which can hydrolyze proteins
- Cellulase which can break down cellulose
- Lipase which can hydrolyze triglycerides
Contains a source of live (or viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
Guaranteed Analysis per 1/4 Rounded Teaspoon (1 gram)
- Alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae): 2,320 SKBU(1)
- Lipase (Aspergillus niger): 210 LU(2)
- Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum): 75 CMCU(3)
- Protease (Papaya): 22,100 PU(4)
- Bacillus coagulans (Probiotic): 100 Million CFU
Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog & Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
(1) One SKB unit is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to form 10 mg of reducing sugars from 1% soluble starch solution at pH 5.0 and 40°C in 30 minutes. (2) One FCC Lipase Unit (LU) is defined as the quantity of enzyme that will liberate the equivalent of one μmol of acid (H+) per minute from the substrate, under the conditions of the assay. The assay is based on five-minute hydrolysis of an olive oil substrate at pH 6.5 and 30°C. The fatty acids released on hydrolysis of the glycerol esters are determined by titration with sodium hydroxide. (3) One carboxymethyl cellulose unit (CMCU) is that amount of enzyme which liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay. (4) The activity of papain is measured in the FCC PU; the assay of which is based on the hydrolysis of casein. This assay is based on 60-minute proteolytic hydrolysis of a casein substrate at pH 6.0 and 40°C. One PU (Papain Unit) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that liberates the equivalent of 1μg of tyrosine per hour under the conditions of the assay.
Fructooligosaccharides, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Solubles, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Product, Papaya, Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Maltodextrin.
For dogs and cats over the age of six weeks
Feeding Directions: (Give with every meal)
Weight – Amount
- Up to 20 lb – 1/4 Teaspoon
- 21 to 39 lb – 1/2 Teaspoon
- 40 to 79 lb – 3/4 Teaspoon
- 80 to 100 lb – 1 Teaspoon
- Over 100 lb – 1-1/4 Teaspoon
This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Calorie Content (Calculated) ME
4,700 kcal/kg, 4.9 kcal/1/4 tsp.
- Size: 4 oz